Monday, September 8, 2008



So, Brayden had a birthday last week. He turned 9 on August 31. On Monday we had a big party at the swimming pool and then met at the church afterwards for some dinner and birthday cake.....and of course presents. He is now the owner of a BB gun and a bow and arrow....so watch out if you're coming to visit (YIKES!) So here are my favorite things about my 9 year-old.

1. His fascination with rocks (just like my brothers Riley and Garrett).
2. He is so very good at riding his bike without hands.
3. His willingness to learn the piano.
4. He loves to learn. His favorite thing to watch on TV is the discovery channel.
5. He loves little babies. He is honestly so cute with them.
6. I love how he watches out for his little sister at school. He is such the big brother.
7. His Steve Erkel impersonation. (Yes, Family Matters is now showing on Nick).
8. His athletic ability to master any sport he tries.
9. His cheesy, toothy grin. It lights up my day.
10. His ability to catch the creepiest things, from crawdads to the biggest praying mantis I've ever seen. (YUCK!).

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Still hard to think that he has gotten so old! You'll have to set up a target for the BB gun... or are you going to let him pick those out himself? =)

tonandboys said...

Happy Birthday, Brayden! I love your smile! Good Job on the piano. The girls will Love You! My boys love your cake.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

It looks like the party was so much fun. I can't believe it's been 9 years! I remember when you found out you were pregnant I was one of the first to know..before mom, and I just thought it was the most exciting thing ever. Being a mom I am always thinking back to that summer I watched Brayden (and yes I usually think of tuna fish too)! He was so adorable, he's such a great kid and I agree especially on the babies part, he's for sure one of Kirsten's favorite cousins!

Brett and Diane said...

Cute blog!

Elizabeth helped me put a blog together come check us out sometime

brettericksonfamily.blogspot.com