Saturday, November 13, 2010

Spencer has Lost his Very First Tooth


Spencer has been patiently waiting for his teeth to become wiggly enough to be pulled. Almost all of his friends have already lost several teeth. Two months ago, I noticed that his teeth were starting to separate, making room for bigger teeth. I knew the time was getting closer. His front bottom tooth started getting wiggly 2 weeks ago. Last night, he asked me when his tooth was going to come out. I asked him to let me feel it. I could tell right away that it was ready. So, much to his surprise, I yanked real hard real fast and it came halfway out. Then he started crying because it was bloody and painful. I should have warned him that losing teeth wasn't all about money and tooth fairies. He actually summed up enough bravery to pull the tooth out on his own. He was one proud turkey. We put it in our special tooth box and then put it under his pillow. Spencer woke the next mornign to find $4 under his pillow. And yes, tomorrow, we are going to the dollar store!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I saw Spencer at church yesterday and I noticed he was missing a tooth. He told me he had pulled it the night before. I loved seeing that cute smile of his. I am so excited you are coming to card group. Hooray!! Good luck with finals and projects.