Saturday, October 1, 2011

Change is in the Air


I have been very fortunate to have my sister Camille live just a couple of miles away from me. We have enjoyed the past 7 years watching our children play together and have thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of having each other close. We are only 13 months apart and have always been one another's best friend. And although I have treasured our relationship, I have taken it for granted. Nine days ago, Camille announced her family was moving to Payson. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

We have worked so hard to move her children to Naples Elementary, the same school my children attend. We even had Spencer and Abby in the same class. And I was looking forward to hopefully teaching some of her children in the next few years. It seems that I am constantly realizing the effect this will have on our families.

The move is a really good one for her family. I am happy for them and really, really sad for me. Sometimes, change is too hard!

2 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

=( I'm sorry that would be very hard and a huge shocker!

Tari said...

I am sad to loose her too :(