Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bryce Canyon






This past weekend, we went to Bryce Canyon for the Brinkerhoff Family reunion. I haven't been to Bryce since I was ten, and this time, I was going with my own family which included my own nine-year-old son, pretty crazy to think about. We camped with Riley and Crystal and we enjoyed their boys soooo much, especially their newborn, Will.

The canyon was so amazing. We went on the Navajo Loop hike, which took us from the top of the canyon to the bottom and back up to the top....and let me just say, the canyon is even better from the bottom. I highly recommend adding this adventure to your "bucket list."

I have to tell you, Utah is an amazing place to live. I don't get out of the Uintah Basin much, but when I do, I'm usually on Hwy 40 or I15. But, we chose to drive the scenic route home from Bryce Canyon, which was Hwy 89. The extra time this drive took was extremely worth the effort. We saw beautiful rivers, towering mountains and many, many cute "small" towns that I never knew existed. The whole trip left me a very sweet taste of our state and now I know why we ran into so many foreigners! I'd want to come here too, if I were a rich tourist.

2 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun...Kirk and I are really missing out. Your pictures are awesome. Kinda makes you want to go to Zions with all the younger kids this weekend, huh?

Dustin and Amy Rasmussen said...

Those are some pretty pictures! It reminds me that I need to see more of our beautiful state. I am way sorry about your car that stinks! Hope you dont mind if I call you soon for some classroom help!