Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday....Madison




In about six hours...Madison will officially be seven years old. Yes, she was born at 3:30 in the morning. I remember being so tired by the time she was finally born, that I fell asleep rather quickly after the whole ordeal. I was kind of out of it when I awoke early the next morning and it took me a minute...or two, to realize that I was in the hospital and that I'd had a baby the night before. And then, all of a sudden, I remembered that I had a baby girl. I quickly buzzed the nurse to tell her I needed my baby girl.....right now. From that moment on, Madison has filled my life with so much joy. As she puts it, she is My Angel. If only she knew how true those words were.

Right now, she is tucked in her bed, trying to fall asleep. I know she will soon be dreaming of presents, candles and a Hannah Montana birthday cake. And pretty soon, she'll be blowing out seven candles. How on earth did she get to be seven already? Before I know it, it will be 17 candles. I took her to the promenade tonight. We went to see my little sister, Chelsey, dance in it. Maddie was fascinated with the big fancy dresses and pretty decorations and I could just see the wheels in her head turning....and I just wanted to stop those wheels and tell her to stay little. But it's as she puts it, "Mom, I don't know how to stop growing." So bring on #7.

2 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

What a cutie! I totally remember the night she was born. I came and watched Brayden for you. I specifically remember you on all fours trying to get through a contraction...aren't you glad those days are over?

tonandboys said...

What a beautiful little girl! I remember you telling me that you would have six more if they could all be angels like Madison. Madison is a very special little girl...she is also the one that convinced my boys that some girls are Way too cool...they love Madison.