Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentines

We had a fabulous, long Valentine weekend. Spencer and I had fun on Friday doing his classroom party. I had substituted his class the day before, so we had a vote on the food. Cupcakes and little doughnuts won, along with juice and chocolate milk. I also did a vegetable tray. And boy was I amazed at how much those little darlings could eat. We had a great time and I really appreciated all the other mothers that came to help.

On Sunday, I met with the bishop and found out that I will be receiving a new calling next week. I'm very excited....so, check back soon to find out what it will be.

For Valentine's dinner, Tyler cooked us some ribs....which were delicious! The "Great Valentine" did a knock and run at the front door and left a basket of goodies for the kiddos.

The funnest part of the day was coming home from church to find hearts and Valentines all over our front yard. My sweet mom made my day!

On Monday, we all went sledding for my baby sister's birthday (who is turning 18!). Poor Madison crashed pretty hard and got a cracked lip and a big old scrape on her cheek. I was amazed at how brave she was through it all.

Tomorrow starts our busy life over with school and all, but we sure have enjoyed the long weekend.






2 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

I can't believe you didn't spill the beans last night with your new calling. I should have read your blog sooner.=) I can’t wait to hear what they have you doing. What a mom you have to tread through the snow to decorated your yard with hearts—so cute! I love that idea I'll have to keep that in mind next year. Looks like a really great Valentines Day!

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Cute kids! I'm glad you had a great Valentines Day! We love you guys!