Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Great to be Eight







Madison has been anticipating this birthday so much. Monday the 26th wast her special day. It was her day to be the VIP at school, so we brought in goody bags and cute photos of her to show off to her classmates. Then that night, we had fun picking out a new bike for her together at Wal-Mart. Later, we had pizza with her Coon cousins and then her dad surprised her with a pink pellet gun. She was delighted!

Today was her friend birthday party. We had a medieval theme, where we stormed a castle, crossed a mote and jousted some birthday balloons. We ended the party by slaying the dragon cake. I think the kids certainly enjoyed themselves.

Tomorrow is her baptism. My mother made her a beautiful white dress for her to wear after her baptism. She worked so hard on it and spent way too many hours on it, but I know Madison and will cherish it for the rest of her life.

It has been a grand week, one I hope she never forgets. It's great to be eight!

1 comments:

tonandboys said...

I can't believe Madison is eight years old! My boys have always thought Madison is the coolest girl ever. If they thought she was cool for loving horses and swords, well, I am pretty sure that pink bb gun will leave them awestruck.