Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Lemonade Stand



Madison has asked to do a lemonade stand several times. As the mom, I could imagine my time and her effort better spent. But this summer, I caved. She and her friend Sara pleaded until I couldn't resist. So we purchased the supplies, made a sign and set up their table at the top of our street. I left them in charge (although their big brother helped) and wished them good luck. I thought they'd be lucky to sale 3 cups. So imagine my surprised when they kept calling for more lemonade. They ended up with $40! And then they tell me that they want to donate it all to a charity. Notice how they changed the sign to read "money goes to a charity." These girls melted my heart right then and there. They've decided to send it to a children's hospital. Aren't these girl amazing?

5 comments:

Kristy said...

They are so cute. And they had so much fun. I am so proud of them.

Angus Family said...

Wow! What sweeties. You have such cute, nice kids!

Elizabeth said...

Eric said he bought a cup of lemonade from them and loved it. He got a kick out of the girls. I think they are pretty sweet girls.

Crystal said...

Who knew lemonade was such a lucrative thing! What awesome girls!

tonandboys said...

That is just the sweetest thing. What a couple of sweethearts...and mom is the biggest sweetheart of all for helping them.