Friday, October 31, 2008

No More Training Wheels


These two crack me up!

I have been working with Madison and her bike with no training wheels for a year now. We practiced and practiced without success. She lacked determination and self-confidence.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, Brayden took the training wheels off of Spencer's bike without asking me. I was yelling at him to put them back on when Spencer jumps onto his bike and just takes off. My jaw hit the ground. But do you know who was even more surprised..........yup! Madison couldn't believe her little brother could do something she couldn't. Some self determination kicked into her bloodstream and she worked with that bike all Friday and Saturday. By Saturday afternoon, she was riding like a pro.

They love riding their bikes..........I just wish they could have done this during summer...it would have made those camping trips so much more fun.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

The coolest kids on the block, for sure. =)

Angus Family said...

You have such a cute blog. (I hope you don't mind me looking.) Your kids are adorable.

Stephanie said...

Kristy, your kids are adorable, and I am so glad you posted a comment so I could see your blog! I'm really excited for you to come to the class, it's prooving quite the challenge with all of Robins inventory being liquidated! Wish me luck! See you there!

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I love this picture. Your kids are too funny!