Monday, January 5, 2009

A Happy New Years






On New Year's Eve, we went to my sister Camille's house to celebrate with my extended family. Riley and his wife Crystal even surprised us by driving out for the celebration (they stayed in Highland for Christmas). We had a fabulous dinner and played some really fun card games. All the children stayed up to bring in 2009 with plenty of noise and confetti. It was a really fun party and went by way too fast. In fact, the whole holiday bash went by too fast.

My recovering husband finally returned to work today...and the kids went back to school. The house is now so clean and quiet and it's just me and Spencer! Sometimes it's nice to have some "normal" in my life.

Today, I went out to lunch with my Mom, Camille and Amanda. And then I went to the county building to renew my driver's license that has been expired since my birthday. Then I came home and found Tyler's hospital bill in the mailbox. $12,000!!! How on earth did medical costs get so outrageous?

4 comments:

Lori Jane said...

I think seeing a hospital bill like that would PUT me in the hospital!

Brett and Diane said...

What a fun New Years Eve party and I must say you’re pretty smart to have the confetti at your sisters house?=) Happy 2009 to you!

Oh the dreaded hospital bills. When the bills started coming in for when I had Jaxson I pretty much had a panic attack. They are no fun even with insurance kicking in and paying a certain amount.=(

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Looks like your news years was a blast. I'm sad I wasn't there. Sorry about the other day on the phone. I tried calling you later but missed you. We are planning to come out for moms birthday...I was thinking we could have a girl party then I realized the only boys there would be our husbands, maybe a party with the fondue fountain?

tonandboys said...

Ouch! I hope Tyler and your finances recover quickly. Medical Bills are outrageous! It looks like you had such a fun New Year's Eve. I felt badly that I didn't get to visit with you more on New Year's Day. We planned on coming back down to the church after we finished up a few projects at home. Jason even suggested that we invite Brayden over for the night, so he and Justin could get to know each other better. Somehow, those projects are still not finished, and we didn't ever get to all of our plans. When did life get so crazy? Still, it was fun to visit for a few minutes and see how much your kids have grown up. They are such cute kids!