Sunday, December 28, 2008

Appendectomy


Last weekend, Tyler kept complaining of stomach pains. But I was so busy with Christmas preparations, piano recitals, tumbling performances and holiday parties that I didn't give him much attention. (I sort of thought he was being a big baby). On Monday, he told me he was going to the doctor to get his pain checked out. That evening, I was at my mother's house decorating gingerbread houses when I get a phone call from Tyler. He tells me he is at the hospital and that he is going to have surgery that night to have his appendix removed. My mother and I rush to the hospital and wait and wait. Finally at midnight, they operate on him.

Everything went very well, it was just very bad timing with Christmas three days later. So, as you can guess, Christmas has been a little more mellow than usual at our house. And we can't wait for things to return back to normal.

Moral of the story: pay attention to your husband's stomach pains.

2 comments:

merkley94 said...

Don't worry, most of us wifes would have done the same thing. I hope that his is recovering nicely.

Brett and Diane said...

Oh my word what an adventure at the Coon's house! I hope Tyler is feeling much better now. So crazy!