Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leaves at Grandpa Brinkerhoff's House






Today, right after school, we went up to my parent's house to play in the leaves. My kids love, love to jump in huge piles of leaves...and my parents have the best back yard for this. I love this tradition...as a child, I walked past my Grandmother's house from the bus stop everyday. She had a huge tree in her front yard and in the fall, my sister and I were known to stay at her house for hours, making houses out of her leaves.

My kids also have a new reason to enjoy Grandma's house. Grandpa and Grandma have a new puppy! They decided that poor Chelsey is way too lonely with all of her siblings out of the nest....and so they got her a dog. My cousin Wesley has full-blooded collies and was nice enough to give his favorite aunt a free one. This is big news...because my parents have quite the anti-pet personalities. Chelsey named the cute pup Fergie...and she really is very adorable.

2 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Fun! Wish we were there too! (Still trying to convince Kirk to move me closer to you)

tonandboys said...

Too fun! fall is so beautiful! I feel your pain Dynelle. truly. i hope you get to be with your family for the holidays.