Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A New School Year





The first day of school is always an exciting day at our house. The kids woke up early, and so did I! I even had enough time to bake german pancakes for breakfast. Then we made everyone beautiful which was easy to do with all the new clothes and shoes. Then we posed for photos in the yard for the annual first-day picture. After that we hopped in the car and drove to the school to join the other hundreds of moms and kids at Naples Elementary. My kids are so great to allow me to take a photo of them with their teacher....and I know that some day they will cherish those photos.

Brayden is in the 5th grade. This is his last year in elementary school....and this thought makes my stomach sink. His teacher is Mrs. Robbins, who is new at Naples so I don't know much about her other than I heard she know how to juggle, which is very important to 5th graders.

Madison is in the 3rd grade and has Mrs. Garner. Most of her friends happen to be in her class, which makes her a happy girl. I know she is going to have a great year.

Spencer is now a 1st grader. He has Mrs. Schoenfeld, who was Madison's teacher last year for 2nd Grade. I LOVE her! Our school is doing a new looping program where the 1st graders will also have the same teacher next year for 2nd grade. So I am very thankful that he got a teacher we admire so greatly. He also has quite a few buddies in his class.

I hope they have a great day....and a great year.

1 comments:

Dynelle said...

Super cute kids! Do you have photo shop?!