Monday, August 9, 2010

The End of Cub Scouts



Brayden is nearing the ripe old age of 11, and with that closes the chapter on Cub Scouts as he prepares to enter the Boy Scouts. Last Tuesday, we went to his last pack meeting where he received his Webelo and Arrow of Light. He has learned perseverance, dedication and I'm happy to say....appreciation through the course of it all. After we got home from the event, he hugged me and said "thanks, not only for tonight but for all the years of help, mom." Yeah, I melted....Scouts really is worth all the hassle.

I know that Brayden will be a better man some day because of the values he has learned these past three years. He has learned the motto well, "Do you best," and I remind him of it daily.

2 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

He's not really that old is he? If you were in our ward Kirk would be his 11 year old scout leader. If only!

Angus Family said...

Oh my heck Kristie. I saw him in the newspaper and about died. He has gotten so big! Where does time go? I was actually going to ask you about Spencer starting school. If I remember right him and Ashlyn have the same birthday, he is just a year older. Is he doing okay being younger than most the other kids? I feel like Ashlyn is way ready to go, just nervous about her being one of the youngest. Decisions involving my kids are soooo stressful!