Monday, August 15, 2011

Stitches




I had left the kids home for a couple of hours by themselves to get my hair done. I was getting a trim and highlights. Getting highlights is a process of streaking a section of hair with dye and wrapping each section in tinfoil. It is very time consuming. My hair was wrapped and I was waiting the necessary 20 minutes to set the color when my cell phone rang. It was Brayden telling my to come home quickly because Spencer had cut his thumb and needed to go to the hospital. He told me Camille was on the way to check things out. I hung up and went into panic mode. My sister-in-law DeAnna (who was doing my hair) helped me to take out the tinfoil from my hair and washed out the color. I called Camille and found out that she and Spencer was at the ER. I met her there and checked out Spencer's thumb. Sure enough, the cut was deep and gory and needed stitches. He had cut his thumb with a pocket knife.

Brayden has been learning first aid in scouts. He was able to remain calm and confident through the whole ordeal. He handled the situation like a pro. He wrapped the hand in a towel, called Camille about the situation and was even waiting on the front lawn for her arrival.

Thank goodness for Scouts.



1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Brayden! Good thing for Scouts. I am sorry for Spencer, hope he feels better soon.