Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Camping Trip with the Olsens





I know, I know...enough with the camping trips. But it really is what we do best. This past weekend we went for a one-nighter with our good friends the Olsens who happen to also be our favorite neighbors. Eric and Tyler slept in the tent with all the kids (except of course for baby Abbie) while Elizabeth and I (and baby Abbie) slept in the camper. We had so much fun staying up til 2:00 a.m. visiting.

We took the kids to Moose Pond for fishing. Spencer and Brayden caught two small fish which I happened to miss because of a potty break.

This summer has been incredibly good to our mountain. Usually everything is so thirsty by now. But because of the good rains from June...the mountain is still very green with abundant wild flowers.

This trip is probably one of our final camping trips....but we do hope to fit in a few more day trips. What can I say...we're addicted to nature in a modern make-sure-I-have-a-camper-toilet kind of way.

3 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

That moose pond is so cute...I want to go fishing there. And I'm jealous of you and Elizabeth visiting all night...does that mean I'm really really over the newlywed phase?

Brett and Diane said...

I had heard about this fun camping trip it was fun to look over some pictures. You guys are the camping family!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for taking us camping. We had so much fun with your cute family. A special thanks to Tyler and Eric for sleeping with the kids so you and I could have the best chat ever. I just love you Kristy!!!