Monday, August 17, 2009

Tying Shoes



It has been a real struggle for Maddi to learn to tie her shoes. I think it's due to the fact that she is a lefty...so some things are just harder.

Well, the end of the school year, her 1st grade teacher informed the class that 2nd grade teachers don't tie shoes for 2nd grade students. Maddi was instantly terrified. And then to add to the problem, she picked out new school shoes that had laces. So we sat down one night and practiced and practiced. And she did it! Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a child do something on their own for the first time. Bring on 2nd grade....Maddi is finally ready.

4 comments:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Rock on Maddi!

Brett and Diane said...

Way to go Maddison and mom!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet post! Way to go Maddi!

tonandboys said...

Way to go Maddi! I also had a very difficult time learning to tie my shoes. I think it was because I was right-handed and my mother was left-handed, so I understand the frustration of seeing everything backwards. Good Work! Cute shoes!!!