Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spencer is an Official Kindergartner







There are no words to describe the emotions that have been building up to this day. Spencer was beyond excited to break free of home life and spread his wings at Naples Elementary and I was a bit apprehensive at letting the last little bird out of my nest. My life is shifting...and it's hard to let go and embrace the change. But Spencer is more than ready to take this next leap into life. He is excited for all the new things that are about to fill his little life....making his little life larger and larger.

He met a new friend, Josh, that he could not stop talking about. He loved, loved recess and enjoyed his first ride on the school bus. Needless to say, he can't wait for tomorrow.

The best part....I get to be his substitute teacher on Tuesday. Yeah!

6 comments:

Joshua said...

I am in full support of his friend's name. =) Glad they have all had a great start into the new school year.

Brett and Diane said...

Got to love Kindergarten! It is the BEST grade out there. His name page looks amazing. Spencer looks so big getting off the school bus. I'm glad he had a great 1st day. That's so awesome that your subbing. Where were you 2 years ago.=)

Angus Family said...

Wow Kristy,
He looks so grown up! Ashlyn starts preschool next week and I am a wreck about it, I can't imagine Kindergarten. I hope he has a great year!!!

tonandboys said...

Congrats Spencer! You are growing up so fast. You are so lucky to have your mom substitute your class. What a lucky guy!

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I love all the pictures!!! Especially that cheesy smile. Of course recess would be his favorite!

Amanda said...

Ah, I can't believe Spencer is starting school!! He looks super cute =)
And that's awesome that you get to be his teacher too!